Disney Deluxe Resorts: How We Got 75% Off
Do you want to stay at some of the Disney Deluxe Resorts without paying the Deluxe price? I have a secret to share with you….you can rent a Disney Timeshare at a fraction of the cost and stay at some of the top Disney Deluxe Resorts. We have rented points from someone in the Disney Vacation Club and stayed at the BoardWalk Villas for just $150 a night (regular price $580 a night – 75% off) and the Animal Kingdom Lodge for just $167 (regular price $355 a night – 53% off)!
When you rent a timeshare you can stay at some fabulous places for a fraction of the cost! Renting timeshare resorts has helped us save hundreds of dollars on vacation and lets us stay at places that we could never afford. Many people have a timeshare that they can’t use or can’t afford to go on vacation that year, but if they don’t use them they will go to waste so they offer to rent their timeshare. Renting a timeshare works much like renting a vacation home directly for the owner.
When you rent points from the Disney Vacation Club you also get to take advantage of all the fabulous perks since you are staying on Disney property.
Disney Property Perks:
- Free shuttles to all the theme parks and Downtown Disney.
- Free shuttle from the airport and they will deliver your bags to your resort.
- Check in at the lobby instead of the airport (for select airlines) and then take a free shuttle to the airport.
- Take advantage of extra hours at the theme parks.
- Packages can be delivered straight to your Disney Resort.
- Have the option of adding a meal plan to your stay.
- Free parking.
What are Vacation Points:
Disney Vacation Club members own Vacation Points that they use to make reservations at any of the participating Disney Resorts. The DVC (Disney Vacation Club) has a calculator that shows how many points are needed per night at each resort (click here to check this out). For example, you would need 9 points to stay one weekday night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in January. Points vary based on days of the week, season and view.
What Disney Deluxe Resorts are included:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort (Hilton Head Island, South Carolina)
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort (Vero Beach, Florida)
- Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa (Ko Olina, Hawaii)
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
How to rent points:
We used the forum at Mouse Owners that let’s DVC members list how many points they have and at what price. The owner will list how much they want to charge per point and what their home resort is. Most owners charge between $10 to $14 a point with the average owner selling for around $12 to $13 a point. Anything offered under $12 will go FAST so you need to check the listing regularly and act FAST when you find a good deal. If you have a specific resort in mind, it is best to book as far out as possible to guarantee availability. Owners can book their home resort up to 11 months in advance and other Disney Timeshare Resorts 7 months in advance. When renting a timeshare you will need to work with the owner of the timeshare to book the property and pay the owner. The owner will also have to make all the travel arrangements for you. It is very important that you follow all the safety tips below.
- Verify total amount and understand policies
- Check to make sure you have no additional fees
- Find out payment options and timeline
- Ask lots of questions
- Ask for references
- Have a written contract
- Never send cash or money order
- Do an Internet search for their name and information
If you are uncomfortable renting directly from the owner or don’t want to spend the time to search for deals you can rent through David’s Vacation Club Rental for $14 a point.