Money is tight and we can’t fly off to the Caribbean, so instead we are headed to Kansas. What? Yes, we are off to the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas to enjoy their 84 degree indoor water park. This was a true vacation experience in our own backyard!
Great Wolf Lodge Reviews:
The moment you walk in the door you feel like you are in a great wilderness lodge. The whole resort is very family friendly! Everywhere you look you will find something spectacular. Lots of detail went into this resort.
Amenities at the Resort:
- Indoor Water Park-Included in your stay
- Cub Club-Some crafts are extra
- Kids Activities-Included in your stay
- Min-golf Course
- Fitness Center
- Rooms include mini kitchen-fridge, microwave, and sink
Money Saving Ideas:
- Stay one night but stay two full days – You can start using the water park at 1:00 on the day you check in and you can stay until close the day you leave.
- Go off season
- Watch for coupons and specials – They often run kids eat free offers
- Share a room with another family – The rooms sleep lots of people.
- Only do FREE activities – Tell you family BEFORE you leave so everyone knows what they get to do
- Bring your own food – The rooms come with a small fridge and microwave.
- Avoid extra expenses – Skip the $4 coffee at the shops and make your own in your room and watch for extras expenses like renting lockers
Our Family’s Great Wolf Lodge Reviews
Some of the pools were very cold (even for the kids). We often found ourselves in the family hot tub to warm up. I wanted to rent a locker the last day (since we checked out of our room) until I found out that the locker cost $10 per day! Around 7:00 in the morning we heard lots of kids running around and it was hard to sleep.
The water park didn’t seem crowded even thought they had a ton of people and they had lots of lifeguards. The kids loved the water slides (even our preschooler could ride most of them).
We loved how the room was divided. We could put the kids down for bed and we could stay up without bothering them (this is a BIG deal). The room came with a mini kitchen. You can save a ton of money and just bring food with you!
The kids loved all the activities. The pajama story time was a big hit with the kids and so was the wolf walk (all free with your stay).
Here are some Great Wolf Lodge Coupons.
Disclosure: A big thank you to The Great Wolf Lodge for hosting us! The opinions here are my own. We were not required to write or express any opinions on our stay.