Have you ever made homemade Crock Pot Sloppy Joes? This recipe is quick and kid-friendly! These Sloppy Joes are way better than the stuff from the can!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- Brown ground beef or turkey until cooked and drain.
- Place beef or turkey in the crock pot and add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
This recipe is perfect for a night when you need dinner ready when you walk in the door!
Tip: I used sweet BBQ sauce in my recipe but you can add a different flavor by switching up the type of BBQ sauce you use!
Have you ever wanted to learn how to make Refried Beans? Here is a quick and easy recipe for homemade refried beans that is healthier, will save you money and taste great!
How To Make Refried Beans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cans pinto beans (15 ounce)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 a juiced lime
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium heat (I use olive oil or coconut oil).
- Cook garlic cloves in skillet until brown on both sides (around 4 to 5 minutes).
- Smash garlic cloves in skillet.
- Stir pinto beans and salt into mashed garlic and cook for about 5 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Smash bean mixture with a potato masher.
- Squeeze lime juice over smashed beans and stir.
How To Make Refried Beans:
My kids like it better when I cut down on the amount of garlic. If you want a little more spice, try adding cumin and chili powder. You can also try adding taco seasoning in this!!
Tip: You can use dry beans but you will need to soak them overnight!
To help save time, make a large batch and divide into smaller portions and freeze in a freezer bag (make sure to label and date it). When your ready to use your refried beans just thaw and reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
Now you know how to make refried beans! Let me know if you try this recipe!!
I adapted this recipe from ptascoutmom.
Snow Ice Cream Recipe:
We have around 10 inches of snow coming our way today! If you are snowed in today, here is a snow ice cream recipe to help you entertain the kids.
- 4 Cups Snow
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
These Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries look amazing and easy to make! I think my kids would love to help make these.
Head over to A Spicy Perspective to get all the details on how to make these yummy chocolate covered strawberries.
Check out these Healthy Superbowl Recipes I found! For Superbowl 2014 try making some Football Shaped Zucchini Fritters, Football Strawberries, Football Deviled Eggs, a Watermelon Football Helmet and more!!
Healthy Superbowl Recipes:
Easy Recipe: Italian Chicken Recipe
I have a new easy recipe for you to try! This chicken recipe is quick, easy and delicious.
Pin It and Follow Me!
Italian Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3 Cups New Potatoes
- 1 Can Green Beans
- 1 Pack Italian Dressing Mix
- Preheat oven to 350
- Arrange chicken in the middle and surround by green beans and potatoes
- Sprinkle with dressing mix
- Cover with melted butter
- Cook for 45 min.
Keep tabs on all the hottest deals by subscribing to our FREE daily newsletter and follow us on Facebook! This post may contain affiliate links. I found this recipe online but can’t find the original source.