YOU can have a choice in where YOUR money goes and YOU do not have to be stressed about your finances! When we started our “Budget” journey over five years ago, I never thought we would be able to save so much money. YOU can too!
Session 1: Setting Goals
- Why are you doing a budget? Setting goals will give you motivation to stay focused and on budget. Something “real” to look forward to or achieve. Read more here.
Session 2: Making Categories
- Making categories helped make the budgeting process easier and quicker. I created a category for each of the areas we spend money or save money by grouping like items. Read more here.
Session 3: WHY My Budget Didn’t Balance
- When I first started budgeting, I was very frustrated because our budget would not balance. I couldn’t understand WHY my budget didn’t balance. I had all my categories, with all of my set monthly expenses. It took a few months to figure out that I was making a big budgeting mistake. Read more here.
Session 4: Expenses That Don’t Occur Monthly
- I found it challenging to figure out how I would fit these expenses in my budget. You don’t want December to roll around and have to come up with a big amount of money to pay your taxes. Read more here.
Session 5: Unexpected Expenses
- The hardest part of budgeting for most people, including myself, is unexpected expenses. These may be UNexpected expenses BUT you can still plan for them. You really CAN! Read more here.
Session 6: Figure Out A System That Works For YOU
- Figuring out a budget that works takes time. It took us 6 months before we got this budgeting thing down! Read more here.